Maxim Defense have announced a new Urban Grey version of their PDX AR-pistol. The PDX was first introduced back in 2019 and has since been made available in a range of calibres including .300BLK, 5.56 NATO, and 7.62×39mm. Maxim Defense currently list the Urban Grey PDX at $2,065 MSRP.
THE PDX @ TFB:
Here’s what Maxim Defense have to say about the PDX:
Born from the SOCOM PDW solicitation, the NEW Maxim Defense PDX™ is designed to handle the fierce demands of the Tier 1 community. The PDX™ dominates close quarter encounters and achieves maximum energy on target. At just 18.75” in overall length, the PDX™ delivers groundbreaking power and performance in a sub compact platform.
At the heart of the PDX™ is our newly developed Maxim SCW™ stock system. This patent-pending system cuts down the length of the stock to 4”. The integrated BCG with interchangeable buffer weights gives you maximum performance and versatility without sacrificing form and functionality.
The PDX™ is also equipped with newly invented Maxim HATEBRAKE™ muzzle booster. This patent-pending device significantly reduces recoil, decreases the flash signature, pushes gasses and concussion wave downrange away from the operator and improves overall performance in short barrel pistols and rifles.
- HATEBRAKE™ installed under handguard
- 2 MOA accurate
- M-Slot compatible handguard
- Military grade materials [17-4 Stainless Steel, 7075 and 6061 Aluminum]
- SCW buffer-carrier
- HK height rail for a more rigid upper receiver
- Optimized Personal Defense Weapon.
- Increased reliability due to included HATEBRAKE™
- Optimized for low flash signature
- Military tested Rapid Deploying PDW stock
- CALIBERS 5.56 NATO, .300 BLK, 7.62x39mm
- BARREL LENGTH 5.5” / 139.7 mm
- MUZZLE VELOCITY 5.56 NATO, 62gr: 1965 FPS avg. 7.62×39, 124gr: 1675 FPS avg.
- FINISH Urban Grey Hard Anodizing
- OVERALL LENGTH 18.75” / 476.25 mm
- WEIGHT (EMPTY) 5.9 lbs / 2.68 kg
- MUZZLE DEVICE Maxim Defense HATEBRAKE™ Muzzle Booster
- CONFIGURATIONS SCW™ stock system, SCW Pistol
- TRIGGER ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)
- Magazines: Each PDX ships with one 20rd magazine (7.62x39mm 20rd CPD mags, 5.56NATO 20rd DHL, .300BLK 20rd Lancer Systems)
Find out more at MaximDefense.com
Matt is a British historian specialising in small arms development and military history. He has written several books and for a variety of publications in both the US and UK. He also runs Historical Firearms, a blog that explores the history, development and use of firearms. Matt is also co-founder of The Armourer’s Bench, a video series on historically significant small arms.
Here on TFB he covers product and current military small arms news.
Reach Matt at: [email protected]
Maxim Defense PDX Now in Urban Grey -The Firearm Blog is written by Matthew Moss for www.thefirearmblog.com